About Perry Power
Well… I was in a boy-band. Seriously, I was. Our biggest ever gig was my secondary school valentines disco! Now I’ve got that off my chest, lets move onto the serious bit…
Here are a few milestones in my property career:
- I decided when I was 12 years old that I was going to one day own my own estate agency and give clients the ultimate experience
- Started working in the property industry aged 15 every Saturday
- Went full time at the age of 16
- At 19 I was the youngest ever fully qualified member of the National Association of Estate Agents (NAEA)
- By 21 I was managing offices for some of the largest estate agencies in the UK, including top end specialists ‘Fine & Country’
- At 22 I was blessed with the arrival of my son Bailey-Rae
- At 23 I opened my own bespoke estate agency
- Within 8 months we won the award for the ‘Best Estate Agency in the South East (South) of England’
- At 27 I started giving motivational speeches to secondary school students
- Featured as the property expert property expert Sky Channel London Live (117)
- In 2014 I set up the Perry Power Charitable Foundation to give back to the community
I’ve worked in the property industry since the agent of 15, having had the burning desire to be an estate agent since the age of 12.
By 21, I was branch manager for one of the largest estate agencies in the country and within three years, had fulfilled my dream of opening up my own agency with my business partner Paul O’Shea, with our own team behind us. Within 12 months, we were awarded the Best Estate Agency in the South East (South) of England bronze award at the 2011 Estate Agent of the Year Awards. The award was presented to us by Phil Spencer from channel 4’s Location, Location, Location (there we are with Phil below)
I’ve also made my mark on history, being the youngest-ever qualified member of the National Association of Estate Agents.
I guess you could say I’m driven. Importantly, I’m equally as passionate about helping you to sell your property quickly and for the highest price possible.
Introducing this website…
It hasn’t escaped my attention that estate agents on the whole, have somewhat of a bad reputation – a lot of it well-deserved. NOTE: There are many very good estate agents but the minority ruin it for the majority.
Over-valuing, marketing laziness and lack of creativity – these negative “qualities” frustrate me too and is likely why 75% of the UK population don’t trust estate agents. This typical approach ultimately results in, on average, 50% of property owners needing to change estate agents before eventually selling their property at 13% below the original market launch price with 30% of sales agreed falling through before exchange of contracts ultimately costing the property owner a lot of wasted time, money and stress.
I am on a mission to help every property seller in the UK not be part of those percentages which is why I set up this website. A FREE and impartial resource to get the very best advice.
The industry has changed immeasurably over the last five years, leaving many estate agents floundering in its wake. Happily, I’m here to offer impartial advice, suggestions and tips to sell your property for the best possible price in the shortest possible time – in today’s market.
On this site, you’ll find a plethora of free articles and e-books to support you throughout the whole house selling process – from choosing an estate agent right through to completion and securing your new home for the lowest possible price.
Whether you’re based close to Surrey and would like to meet in person to discuss how I can help you, or live further afield and
would like a telephone call, skype or email support, I can make the house selling process much simpler, faster and more successful for you.
Motivating school children…
I also have a passion for helping secondary school children find the motivation to achieve what ever they want in life. I see myself as very fortunate to have known what I wanted to achieve from a very young age. Many children are not so fortunate so I want to help them by motivating, inspiring and telling them that the sky is the limit.
Below is a video of the speech I gave at my own secondary school in Horley, Surrey.